Every 2 years our Year 5 & 6 students participate in an excursion to Central Australia visiting the Uluru/Kata Tjuta National Park. Over the period of a week, students are immersed in the rich Aboriginal Cultural experiences the area has to offer. We visit local communities including Mutitjulu and the primary school organises a disco which is always a hit. The learning focus leading up to the trip revolves around looking at how the Booderee National Park is run and how it might compare to the Uluru/Kata Tjuta National Park.
This excursion has been organised;
- For the students to experience the diversity of other Indigenous cultures.
- To create links between different Indigenous Communities who also conduct a Junior Ranger Program.
- To enhance the Junior Ranger Program.
- For the students to participate in learning activities vastly removed from their own environment.
- To engage in learning activities conducted by National Park staff in different locations.
- To experience what other Custodians are working towards and how this will impact on our community now and in the future.